Monday, August 24, 2009

We hereby free..Now Gawd help us!

"I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants."
~Al Gore
======
From Ken Ward
jpgreenhouse.org
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ken_ward
The time is now: Climate civil disobedience. Sign up.
BeyondTalk.net
I pledge to engage in non-violent civil disobedience and risk arrest in order to get our leaders to make the right climate-change choices.
======
My comment:
I tremble deeply. As an activist in support of the concept of civil disobedience, I think it a possibility I will be arrested here in Pittsburgh as a pre-emptive preventive arrest as protests, civil disobedience, and direct action are planned for the G20 Summit next month. I do not expect to engage in civil disobedience, and think it may be too wide a general concept which may include many things I would not do. I hope to have an enjoyable, loving safe September - and the same for all those living and visiting Pittsburgh.
======
methane feedback effect
http://bioeverything.blogspot.com/2009/05/methane-bubbling-up-through-tundra.html
======
Bubbles of warming, beneath the ice
by Margot Roosevelt 2/20/9
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/environment/la-na-global-warming22-2009feb22,0,646220.story
+
video clip Frozen Heat: a global warming threat from the Arctic
narrated by Katey Walter, University of Alaska
alaska.edu/uaf/cem/ine/walter
======

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home